Minox NV 351
Today I bring out the Minox Night Vision Device with me into the practical field for usage and at the same time some product photos. Apologies with the minor dust on the product!
Minox has come out bold with its Minox Night Vision Device 351 that gives you night vision at a range of even up to 70 meters, or nearly 230 feet. When night begins our eyes and even state-of-the-art & powerful binoculars become literally useless. That is where the night vision series of devices presented by Minox become very handy and quite a necessity. High-tech illuminators using infrared technology make objects quite easily visible with clarity that is made possible in high contrast. Don’t even worry about nights with no moon, it is all taken care of.
For those seeking to sense the stealth experience, this device is now very small in size, providing silent and one-handed operation capability. Even if you use prescription glasses, Minox has provided this device with a tripod opening to add a view platform that is quite stable. So, when you are looking for a monocular device specially designed for night vision that comes fully equipped and yet doesn’t use much space, you definitely have to take the Minox Night Vision Device 351 into considerable consideration.
With the very powerful light amplifier in this device, coupled with the magnification capability of 2.5x, all objects are seen in quite amazing detail at a distance of even 70 meters. It is also a perfect tool to provide safe direction in circumstances when light is very low.
– Magnification is up to 2.5x
– 40mm lens diameter
– 15mm exit pupil
– Built in Infra-Red beam (with On/Off switch)
– 70 meter (230 feet) distance of view or range with built in Infra-Red beam switched on
– 1 meter Minimum Focus Distance
– Diopter adjustment +/- 4 dpt
– Powered by CR123A lithium ion
– Device dimension: 170mm x 79mm x 50mm
– Weighs at mere 335 grams, or 11.8 ounces
– This device is compact and very lightweight
– One handed operation and easy transportation made possible
– Tripod socket provided
– Able to use device from 50 degrees C all the way down to -30 degrees C
– Battery and carrying case provided
– Manual Focusing (Front Grey Ring) is fluid and easy to rotate. Approx a 395° Rotation from MFD to Infinity.
Information on packaging:
The entire package will weigh nearly 1.3 pounds, or just under 600 grams.
When boxed the dimensions are 236mm x 157mm x 86mm (LWH).
A good point to note: The Minox Night Vision Device 351 viewing distance, brightness and clarity can be boosted by a tremendous amount with the help of an extra Infra-Red torch. The stronger the Infra Red torch is, the better the viewing distance, brightness and clarity gets. Strapping an external Infra Red Torch to the Minox device makes operation just as easy and quick.
Best Used For:
– Expeditions at night: When trekking at night, having such a device becomes very important, and the difference of being lost or heading in the correct direction.
– Hunting missions: If you are actually game hunting, or merely seeking to catch a great view of those animals that are only active at nights, once again this device provides you the vision our naked eyes lack.
– Stalking shy, elusive mammals at night without startling them. Some animals will flee upon sudden strong torch lighting at night. The NV 351 definitely comes in handy in these situations.
– Managing games at nights: For those supervising various types of games and training drills conducted at nights, such a device will provide you the ultimate control over the entire field. With its small size it even allows instructors to enter the scene on the ground right next to those actually undergoing the training (and they may never even notice you).
– Personal safety: This device, providing you a clear picture of the night, is very useful in making sure you are always in control of the entire scene around you, and preventing any kind of unwanted surprise popping up right next to you.
If you are looking for a simple/ affordable way to get oriented in the dark, Minox has the right products for you. Coming in a high quality body, the Minox Night Vision Device 351 is very popular next to other binoculars and spotting devices provided by this company. This very simple to use monocular is also very small, lightweight and effective when looking to achieve close to eye-range vision in pitch black nights. While there are more powerful night vision devices out there, of course, this little guy provides quite a heavy punch for its size. Coupled with an infrared illuminator and state-of-the-art technology, this device knows what it’s talking about and helps you distinguish objects at night that could otherwise go unseen by our ordinary and naked eyes.